Pages

August 30, 2009

My life in lace

Now that I have my dental and health issues more or less under control I thought it was time I got busy working on some of my yarn projects that I've admittedly, been neglecting for a little while.

I've finally bitten the bullet and started on my first lace project (after sadly frogging the first 'first' attempt). Its the Victoria Shawl (Ravelry link) from Victorian Lace Today (VLT). I 'm liking how its knitting up, even though I stupidly didn't read the chart key properly and have knit it in stocking stitch instead of garter stitch. Its wonderfully soft and the yarn is SOOOOO fine that the finished piece will be incredibly delicate. However the pattern is kind of repetitive and I'm getting a teensy bit bored with it.



Solution; I simultaneously started my SECOND lace project as well. Its the Cap Shawl (Ravelry link), also from VLT. I have been itching to start this shawl for ages because its absolutely gorgeous and, shock, horror, I'm knitting it for ME. For this project I'm using my superbly yummy Mongolian Cashmere that I got a while ago and have been too chicken to use till now. I have to say, this yarn is just to die for. It has a marvelously springy quality and is possibly the softest thing I've ever felt in my life. If you want to buy some (c'mon you know you do) go to Knitters Addiction.



As is my wont, I am also working on a THIRD lace project (I know, I know), but this one is crochet. I'm making a lovely crochet poncho out of a fabulously fluffy yarn from Moda Vera and its coming along nicely too. You can find the pattern for this here. I'm planning on replacing the buttons with some ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment