Pages

October 22, 2009

A hard earned sense of achievement

I have finished a couple of projects this week. Actually one of them I also started this week. Firstly; I finished my Aeolian shawl. It turned out huge. I measured it across the top and its pretty much two metres wide. Holy cow. I have such a sense of achievement for having finished this project for so many reasons. Not the least of which is that it is my FIRST finished lace project since I decided I wanted to learn to knit lace. Zomg! Another reason I'm so proud of it is that I was originally sure this pattern was beyond my skill level. But as it turned out it was easy as pie...maybe easier....I've never really had a lot of luck making pie.




The other project, which I started just a couple of days ago and finished yesterday, is a drop spindle. I've been wanting a drop spindle for ages but I haven't had the cash to buy one so I figured; what the hell, I'll just try and make one. I just happened to have a whole heap of polymer clay in my poly-clay sculpting kit (who'd have thunk) so I found myself a mini CD to use as a template for size and bought a piece of dowel...hey presto, a day later I had me a cutes lil laceweight drop spindle. Now all I have to do is get my grubby mitts on some fibres and learn to spin with it! Woot!


No comments:

Post a Comment