Pages

February 21, 2010

Craft Expo jollies and Jitterbug fish scales

I popped into the Craft Expo at Newcastle Entertainment Centre today to have a look around. I was kind of disappointed that it was mostly geared towards quilters and bead fans but I did manage to find a yarns galore stall hidden away in the back and of course I'd been looking for yarn with little hope of finding any so I was delighted when I discovered a skein of Colinette Jitterbug and a skein of Noro Kureyon Sock yarn. I bought them both of course. :oD





I've already started knitting the jitterbug up into a gorgeous sock pattern by Cookie A (a most amazing sock designer) which you can find for free on Knitty.com. Its called Pomatomus and looks kind of like fish scales. This is the first time I've knitted socks from the top down and its apparently quite a challenging pattern so we'll see how far I get with this little escapade.


2 comments:

  1. Both yarns are gorgeous! I love those colours, nice choice for pomatomus. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sydney Craft Expo had four yarn sellers (still disappointing): Morris & Sons, Yarns Galore, Lush Knits and By Lynnette. Prudence Mapstone was also there teaching Tunisian Crochet.

    ReplyDelete