Pages

March 14, 2010

The perfect Sunday

It's Sunday afternoon around 3pm and I'm basking in the sounds of every day life; a neighbours lawnmower outside, the washing machine gently swishing my towels, the Bozo muttering happily over his model tank and the Moo purring contentedly at my feet. Talk about your idyllic Sunday setting...all I need now is tea and cake.

Speaking of tea and cake; this morning my lovely Bozo and I went for a womble down the street to visit the local antiques emporium. I've been eyeing their pretty teapots and teacup trio's for a while now since my friend inspired me with her collection of Royal Doulton tea cups and saucers. So while I was there I decided it was high time I started my own collection. Unfortunately I couldn't afford the gorgeous stuff hiding away in the cabinets (time to start saving) but I did manage to pick up a really pretty set for a really reasonable price. Here are some pics (which I've taken with the awesome new skills Ive been learning in photography class at TAFE).





pretty bone china tea trio

I've also managed to get some knitting done in the last few days which has been incredibly therapeutic. I finished my handspun Gail that I've been working on for ages and I have started knitting a beanie for one of my TAFE classmates.





My handspun gail



Beanie for classmate

All things considered, I'd say this weekend has been pretty darn awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment