Pages

April 3, 2010

The Bunny Has Landed

TAFE has kept me completely snowed under for the last few weeks with last minute assignments and such, but thankfully the first term has finally come to an end and I have two whole weeks of freedom. YAAAAAY!

I have managed to get a few things other than tafe work done over the past (OMG just checked *look of horror*) three weeks since my last update.

I finished spinning up some lovely yarn that I hinted at in a previous post. I blended up some lovely merino and angelina fibre then spun it and plied it with a strand of pure silk that I dyed in my oven. I've named it 'Winter Solstice' because the shimmery angelina and bright shiney silk sections remind me of the coldest darkest mornings in winter when there's frost on everything and your breath comes out in great clouds of steam.





It came out wonderfully soft and I'm thinking will make a very pretty cowl for this coming winter (if I can just find time to knit one).

I finished the beanie I was knitting for my classmate and he loved it. Another classmate has now asked me to make him a beanie for the coming winter but I haven't started it yet.






I spun some awesome BFL/Bunny & Kid Mohair top that turned out super vibrant. I still have another braid of it to spin up, and have no idea what I'll do with it. Perhaps its a seller.






I received my monthly installments of my three fibre clubs and, as usual, I was NOT disappointed in the fibre I received. I loved being in fibre clubs for my first time and have signed up to another Ixchelbunny fibre club for the next three months.





Funky Bunny Batt Club ~ Dream Time~





Ixchelbunny Fibre Club ~ Genie in a Bottle ~



EGMTK Fibre Club ~ Thunderstruck!~

I managed to squeeze in a little extra spinning last tuesday night...some super soft super angorino in super bright colours called 'Unending Afterthought' from the awesome Charly over at Ixchelbunny.



'Unending Afterthought' singles

And a couple of days ago, I discovered a free knitting pattern for a totally hilarious fish hat that I promptly knitted up for myself. I am now in the process of knitting 10 more for a photography assignment that will be due at the beginning of next term.







So as you can see, even as busy as TAFE keeps me, I still have time for fishy business.

No comments:

Post a Comment