Pages

February 3, 2012

Breathe...

I have been invited to participate at the Sydney Royal Easter Show by the lovely Charly from Ixchel in April this year.  There will be a team of people participating in some pretty special events (more info here) and I'm so excited to be a part of it.  

Of course, the SRES is a hugely prestigious affair with people coming from all over the world to participate and spectate.  Obviously I want to make the most of this once in a lifetime (for me) event.  It's a great opportunity to get my name and product out there so I have been rushing about madly trying to put together appropriate items to take with me. Sadly, I've been putting too much pressure on myself to get  things done 'liek nao' and consequently I'm not really getting anywhere.  On top of that, I've been so caught up in getting my business to start producing an income that things have become a bit panicked which of course means I'm achieving exactly nothing.

So I've decided that it would be better if I just relax.  Today I'm sitting back and breathing. There's no rush.  I have an income that I can survive on for now so there is plenty of time for the business to evolve naturally.  I definitely have lots of plans for the business but there is no reason they all have to come to fruition this instant. 

Of course now that I've given myself permission to stop stressing over things, I'm sure that the creative process (and progress) will begin to flow smoothly once again.  

As for the Easter show, I already have plenty of things to take with me so there's no need to panic about getting a heap of stuff made in the next few weeks. If I manage to come up with a few more things to showcase my creativity that would be awesome but if I don't, I'm not going to fret about it.

It feels SO good to stop stressing. :o)    

No comments:

Post a Comment